A little Help

Has anyone  replaces either the expansion valve or the evaporator on an
E30? I need to replace these parts and was wondering if there were
anythings in particular that could pose a problem. I am also not totally
sure how to go about this. It is my understanding that the removal begins
in the engine bay by removing the heater core and some fasteners in there.
Then the inside of the dash is to be romoved. I was looking to find if
these were infact valid. The dealer told me that this is a 12 hour job for
them!

Thanks for the help,
Jared Hartz