<E12><E28> Tail light brightness/ Lack of...

Evening all...I have a common problem with two E28s and an E12; namely, that
the taillights are brighter on one side than on the other. It affects all of
the lights on that side, too -brake, running, and blinker. I've seen this
frequently on alot of european cars, most notably Audis, VWs and even Volvos.
It's usually a weak ground problem, but for the life of me I can't find
anything wrong. Voltages read around 10.5 on either side of the car. Where do
these circuits pick up there power from? Is there a point either in the trunk,
or coming from the fuse block, that would be a likely culprit? Any hints,
suggestions, or fixes that I can try would be welcome. Private emails please...

Rick Viehdorfer
BMW CCA #148771
Rocky Mountain Chapter