<E36> Strange DME fault code 1218

I was able to generate a fault code of 1218 twice and it has no
reference to correspond to it. My mech mentioned a tech service
bulletin that has to do with something with the speed sensors
for the ABS system generating voltage that is higher than usual
and thus triggering the check engine light.

Just a refresher....my check engine light has been coming on about
5500+ rpm and will flicker on and go off as soon as a shift is made.
Seems to occur in all gears atleast 2,3 for sure at that rpm. The
check engine light does not stay on continously. If anyone has any
idea as to what is causing this. I will very much appreciate any
info. Thanks

Mike Theuri
93 318i