E34 Touring Tailgate wiper help please

The tailgate wiper on my E34 touring keep blowing fuse 27 (or is it 37?) =
under the rear seat.  This kill the tailgate release power too.
Has anyone experienced this?
I suspect it is the cable run trapping somewhere, probably near the top =
hinges mechanism, as some times it is OK for a couple of runs until the =
gate is opened. Then it is 50/50 if it will blow on next usage.

Any ideas on the best route to strip out trim to locate the rear cable =
run?

thanks
Garry         g.grigg@domain.elided
520 touring 1991 150K miles
518 Se sedan 1991 1118k mile (yes it is a Europe model!)
Triumph TR6 (what a blast coming in to work just now!)
Looking for K100RS SE (1989) ?????

$MessageID: <OF9B80CFB4.30417904-ON802568F7.00466F77@LocalDomain>
$MsgTrackFlags: 0