RE: Help, Shock Replacement E30

First of all, many, many thanks to all of you who
individually emailed me to solve my problem.  This
Digest is the best and keep up the good work.  I even
got a response from a very far away place, Kiev,
Ukraine (with gif file schematic).  I really do
appreciate it guys.

As for Bilstein and their warranty.  Yes they would
have repaired them under their warranty policy,
however, the Bilstein sports were already on the car
when I purchased it and since I was not the original
owner, the warranty was no longer in effect.  However,
they will rebuild the shock to original condition for
about $55/shock.  The car would be inoperable for
about a 10 day to 2 week period during the rebuild,
though.  At about $70/ea. for the rears it really
doesn't make sense.

Anyway, thanks again for y'alls input and advice.
Much appreciated.

Peter S
TSW Hock'd '90 325is
Peachtree Chapter CCA