Re: bmw-digest V9 #1481

Paul,
You are correct.
The 29910 is for the 95 M3 only.
The 29910.2 is for the 96+ M3.  The spring perches / diameters are
different for the 96+ M3.

I had the same "mysterious" rear spring in my 29910 set.  They were labeled
29936.
After asking a lot of questions, I finally got an answer on what this spring
was,
and how it got in my set of 29910's.
The 29936 is essentially the same as the 29910 for the rear,
except that it will LOWER the car more than the regular 29910.
The 29936 is for the coil over kit that H&R sells:
front coil-over shocks & springs,
rear shocks, and special springs = 29936.

bob

> Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 08:48:18 EDT
>  From: PDumond21@domain.elided
>  Subject: H&R fitment
>
>  I just received a set of H&R sport springs from a someone on the internet.

>  They were advertised to fit '96 and up M3's.  Upon receipt of the springs,
>  noticed that the part number on the front springs were 29910.  Aren't
these
>  for the '95 M3?  Isn't the part number for the '96 and up M3's 29910.2?
> Will the 29910 springs fit on a '96 and up M3?  What are the differences of
the
>  two sets?  I also noticed that the number on the rear springs have 29936.
>  What application are these for?  Thanks for your help.
>
>  Paul

End of bmw-digest V9 #1482