Re: BMW 523 spec

               Steve;
                     It would seem one of two places may have your
answer.There are many outfits importing new BMWs into the U.K. from the
continent,and based on the VIN# they may have your answer.
                 The other idea I had is for you to ring up the U.K. BMW
club @  www.bmwccgb.com  and see if they have a resident expert on
individual imports and the spec.'s necessary to qualify for
U.K.registration. They DO have an insurance company outlet that should know
what BMWs qualify for insurance as resident cars, as opposed to alien
registered vehicles that can be insured,and maybe that as a third
alternative may work.You would need the VIN# and perhaps other spec's on
your new bargain.Best I can think of.

                                o/______\o "RA"/Bob G.
                                (Oo=00=oO)