Re: 1969 1602--part out or salvage?

Nathan,
Sorry to hear about the untimely injury of you 1600...
What a shame.  However, I will agree that if you have
the time to spend, pocket the $3k, buy it back for
$463, and buy a new tub for it.  JustBMWS (La Jolla
Independent) has tubs for sale, and they are on your
coast... I have had really good experience with them
when I have needed parts for the '74 and advice.
Check out http://justbmws.com/tub/tub.html  It looks
like the may have just the thing for you.

No matter what happens, keep us posted.  If you're not
on the 2002 list email me and I'll send you the info
to post it there is you decide you want to part with
it and don't want it scrapped.

BTW, everbody, after several months of waiting and
working and waiting and working I got the tag on the
'74 and drove it to work this morning.  It loves to
run... Now I've just got to get the speedometer hooked
up:)

Steve and the as-yet-unnamed '74 Inka