<E30> AC

Hello again.

I want to find a leak into my AC system. I want to pressurize the system with
air to find the leak. Some people told me not to do that since I will introduce
moisture in the system. But since,  before filling the system with R12 (If I can
find someone that still have some) the good procedure is to install a vacuum
pump on the system  for 30-45 minutes to remove all the moisture, it becomes
irrellevent, isn't it?
I want to use air since I don't have access to R12 myself and I don't want to
pay a shop to troubleshoot the leak for me.

Also, I heard of  two ways to insert refregerant into the system. One method is
liquid, they put the tank upside down and connect on the pressure side, the
other method is like usual, the tank is in normal position and gaz flows into
the vacuum or low pressure side. What's the difference?

Thanks

Michel Drainville
91 318ic