<E30> Hard to shift

Hello list.
My 91 318ic is not shifting as free as it should.  The feel I have is like the
clutch is still engaged a bit, like when you shift and don't depress the pedal
enough.  Let's say I backup from my drive way, while the car is barely moving
backward (0.5mph!) I engage 1st and I can feel and ear the gear matching
together with a noticable clunk. Sometimes it won't engage until I stop
completely. It's the same feeling as when you try to shift without using the
clutch and the rpm is not matched. In normal driving, the shifting take some
effort. In spirited driving, if I shift fast, sometimes it won't engage into 2nd
with normal force applied to the shifter and here go the revs.

Could it be a tired pressure plate? If I shift at 5500 from 1st to 2nd and dump
the clutch, I can feel some slippage for one second, the it grabs. The car has
101000 miles and I don't know if it's the original clutch since I own the car
for only 3 years.

Is there an adjustement for the clutch?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks