RE: [uuc] E30 Convertible top cable loose

Mike,

Sorry to take a week to respond.

Anyway, I'm not sure what your problem is, but I was having similar adjustment
      problems with my "tonneau cover".  One mechanic suggested that I needed to
      replace a "control arm", but it looked like it mostly needed for the
      cables to be tighter to they would pull the tonneau down tighter.  I can't
      see why you cable would slip through, unless:

1) the "plug/end" of the cable had come off, and the cable is not held at all;

2) the threaded adjustment "screw" had come off, and nothing was holding the
      cable; or

3) the nut on the adjustment screw that "locks" it into place is not there (or
      not tight) and it just slips in.

It's amazing how much like a simple bicycle brake cable this is!

If I can be of further help, please send me a more detailed eMail of your
      problem.

Spuyten Duyvil, New York