Re: foglights-downshifting-and e30 question

    Bill;
           On the '91 318is,the 90/91 318's were nice,plainjane BMWs,far
cheaper new than the 325is,and always had a relatively low resale value,due
to being all 5spds. with few options,and a bit slow.It's one of the real
bargains for manual shift owners not in a hurry.Your price is on the low
side of a normal resale,but not so low that you should be looking for the
other shoe to drop.Probably a decent car,just have a local shop take a peek.
          As far as the E28 535i goes,shifting to 3rd from 5th is just
perfect for that car in passing situations at 65/75mph.Or even higher if you
know how to properly match gear and engine speeds.If your car is stock,still
running the 3.25 rear,third gear doesn't top out until you hit the other
side of 100mph.Car won't even breath hard at 65/95 mph in third.If you are
not familiar with how to use the accelerator to raise engine speed as you
downshift,try a driver's school,or have a hotshoe friend show you how.You'll
love the shark;3500/6000rpm become VERY interesting.

                                o/______\o "RA"/Bob G.
                                (Oo=00=oO)