foglights-downshifting-and e30 question

> Hi Digesters-

1)My wife is considering a '91 318is. The car we are looking at is way underpriced,
or so I figure, at $3900. Are there any special weak spots to consider as we peruse
this car?
2)I use fog lights in rain and fog. Period. By the golden rule, I refuse to use
them at any other time, as flagrant fog light overuse by others (on CLEAR nights,
etc.) severely impedes MY vision and driving safety. Look around you. They really
are a dangerous annoyance when used unneccessarily.
3)One of my personal favorite driving practices is looking kind of scary from a
couple of recent posts. Frequently, I'll downshift from 5th to 3rd at interstate
speeds (65-75) when I need to blow around a Saturn, or otherwise need a burst of
speed. Is this going to destroy my motor?

peace-Bil
'85 535i (soon to be shark infested!)
'88 CRXsi (wife's- soon to be a BMW? cross fingers here)