RE: 2002 stiffy mods

On Wed, 17 May 2000, at 08:18:17 +0100, Bob Duckworth wrote:

>I love the old 2002 but it's just not stiff enough. No rust.
>I'm not talking strut braces. It's the whole body flex thing.
>Should I be welding some I beams under the door sills or what?

Mike Macartney's "BMW '02 Restoration Guide" lists several mods to
stiffen the body:
    Welding a brace between frame rail and firewall
    The ""full cabriolet" sills with a welded-in box beam
    Seam welding.

My son's Tii has strut braces at both ends and a four-point roll bar.
It's very rigid.

Bob Kegel
'70 2002
'85 635 CSi