Foliatec or High Temp Spray Paint?

I want to clean up my calipers and wanted to know what you all thought of
using regular high temp spray paint.  I was thinking of painting them black
as my car is black.  Does it work as well as the foliatec stuff?  Is the
foliatec thicker than regular spray paint?  I would like to get something a
little thicker than spray paint like powder coat but I don't have the time
to remove all the components and be without a car.  Any suggestions?  TIA!!

Manuel Paredes
95 325i sharked, x-ed, m3mflrd
L.A. BMWCCA