Was pleasantly surprised by your "rice burner" responses

Hope I didn't open up too evil a can of worms by my curiosity about all
these highly stylized, Type R stickered japanese "rice rods" (please take no
offense if this is a derrogatory term).  I am grateful to you readers for
some of your gentler enlightenments, particularly the one about these kids
attending shows to show off their creations (we do the same thing!) and the
response that it's wonderful to see these guys spending their money on this
"obsession" rather than other more nefarious and dangerous vices.  I should
know, I help drug addicted kids/adults that used to put ALOT of their
energies into drugs and alcohol instead of this safer and completely
harmless hobby.  Now, when I see these cars and their massive spoilers and
stickers covering every inch of the car, I will smile and know more than I
did before.  Maybe they'll see me in my big BMW with my Grateful Dead
sticker ... and laugh at me!
Steve Robinson
95 740i  81k miles     BMW0043
88 911  63k miles      STLABLU