RE: "Rice Burners" I don't get it...(WOB)

It is not the fact that they do it that bothers me it is the fact they think
these modifications are "cool" and actually increase performance..

a 100hp honda civic with 20" wheels is gonna have trouble turning them..
The local import parts house (where I pick up oil filters ect.)  has a shop
dedicated to these guys and I don't understand it..

I was breaking in my new hoosiers one day so I had my custom Lightweight
wheels on the car and I stopped in to pick up 4 new spark plugs..  sure
enough they see the contengency stickers and they flocked around the Z3 like
it flys to $#!T one couldn't understand why I drove the car on Bald tires
:-P

I got into a conversation with another when he asked if my forgedlight
wheels were "drag lites"  I explained to him that No these wheels were built
to handle the stresses of cornering.. I recieved a blank stare.

I got into a conversation with the owner of the shop he explained to me that
these kids do "shows" and that was what these cars are prepped for..  we had
a laugh when he told me his hottest item was the "type R badge" It brought
me back to the old argument on this list about putting a ///M on a NON M car
:-)...  He showed me pictures of these shows.. EVERY car had a type R
badge.. and the cars that won even did.. I would love to see a BMW concourse
won by a 318 wearing a M3 badge and with 20" wheels..

enough ranting..
Just the next time one comes up next to your stock 318is..
blow his doors off for me..

Jeff Lloyd