dinan throttle-body

>thinking about adding a t-body to my '99 328is. i've been looking at the
>dinan one and it only produces 7hp. but ppl being telling me it will give
me
>more low-end torque. what do you guys think of the dinan t-body?
>
>     i was checking out the 95 m3 dinan t-body and it produces 33hp, but
the
>96-99 m3 t-body only produces 7 and it costs 100 dollars more!! what's
going
>on there??

Be VERY careful when you're looking at Dinan's dyno numbers.  If you read
the "fine print" you'll probably discover that the figures they post for the
throttle body are from a care that also has other mods, and the baseline
numbers are from a car without ANY mods - very misleading.

It's my understanding that 7hp is about the most you can hope to get out of
a throttle-body and that the benefits are all in the upper rpm ranges -
i.e., no more low-end torque w/this mod.

Frank Nelson
'95 M3, bl/ss'd, sharked, euro hfm, dinan cold-air intake