brake fluid tester

I saw a brake fluid tester in the recent Griot's Garage parts catalog for
$40.  Apparantly this device uses a pair of electrodes to test your brake
fluid for moisture content.  I have always had my local mechanic change my
brake fluid the month before every driving school, as required by BMWCCA.  I
have not bothered to change or check the brake fluid prior to autocrosses or
after the last school of the season.  My question is whether any or you have
used this type of device and can vouch for its accuracy, or if I am better
off just following the regimen I've already established.