RE: <E36> Brake Light Circuit Failure - Conclusion

Scott wrote:

> PS:  The fog light problem is not a fault - apparently my
> model (M3 96) only has one rear fog light not two (on the
> right rear in Australia) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Anyone know why this might be ???????

and then Alex replied....

I believe the rear fog lights are installed on only one - driver side of the
car.
Fortunately, US bound BMWs do not have rear fog lights. Fortunately, because
fog is not nearly as big a problem as idiots driving around with their fog
lights ON day and night, regardless of weather. Just to show off.
And since a brightly illuminated rear fog lights looks deceptively like a
brake light from a far, you can never be quite sure if the S-type Jag you
are passing is pottering along or braking for dear life.

Now I'll add....

I recall Audi drivers being notorious for leaving the fog lamp lit.  And I
always thought they had crappy wiring!!

John Virnig
'97 328is

End of bmw-digest V9 #1453