Re: bmw-digest V9 #1452

I am the new owner of a 96 BMW 328is and I am hoping someone can help with the
maintenance schedule and reseting those maintenance lights?  I don't enjoy trucking it to
the dealership 50 miles away and would rather spend my time getting used to the engine of
the BMW with hands working on it.  Can anyone give me some insights or where I can find a
breakdown of what is included in these Service I and Service II.  (Had a heck of time
finding that battery!  Felt like a fool looking for it but what could I do.  I assume BMW
placed in the trunck to help even weight distribution????)   One other question, why is
it the windows go down to keep you from shutting the door with the windows all the way
up???  Thanks in advance for the assistance.