E30: rebuilt engine questions...

Over the weekend I visited a mechanic here in the Boston area in regards to
my car's oil consumption.

Currently the car burns about 1 qt. of oil per 1,000 miles.

My car has 190k miles and the mechanic suggested getting a minor engine
rebuild which I believe includes working on the valves, replacing the rings
and working on the head.  He told me this will cost around $1500-$2000.

My other option is to get an entirely rebuilt engine.

My questions are (1) how much does a rebuilt cost?  (2) how much will
installation cost?  (3) where do I get a good rebuilt?

In general, what do people think I should do?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew
Milton, MA