Re: E30: rebuilt engine questions...

    Andrew...
           Unless your engine compression is down significantly,burning a
quart every 1000mi is not excessive for an older engine."eta" engines often
don't last as long as "i" engines, and don't know which you are running. I
personally after 18 BMWs would not yet pull the motor apart unless you track
the car at close to redline on an "i".Seems like it may be a bit early.What
oil and viscosity do you use?Sometimes a change may correct oil burning
slightly.You may indeed need rebuild,but check a little farther.
                       "RA"