Questions about 1988 528e

Hello Everyone,

After finally getting my settlement on my totalled 1974 tii I have my eyes on a
1988 528e.  Very nice shape, 150 grand on the odometer.  Does anyone have any
general impressions on this model?  The only thing that I noticed on my test
drive is that the automatic transmission kind of klunks into first, then all the
shifts are pretty damn smooth. It is a car that my brother, a bmw independant
mechanic, has worked on for several years and he tells me it's a pretty sweet
deal.  The car is going to have a major service, which my brother will perform,
and should be ready for me in a week or two.

The car has a bmw cassette player/stereo.  I was also wondering if a CD changer
can be added to the existing set up?  I was going to install the stereo/CD
player from my former car, but if I can add a CD player I can keep the original
set up.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael Escher