Re: ///M Badges...and whatever else this string was called

> People can choose to do whatever they want. I think the underlying point
> here is that people pay a premium for a factory M car and it's lame in
> several different ways to stick an M badge on a car that's not an M car.
> Like putting GT 5.0 badges on a 6 cyl Mustang, VTEC or Type R stickers on
> base model Hondas, etc...

Alright, I'm waiting for my tape of the British GP to rewind before I sit
down to my can of vegetarian chili...

The vast majority of Bimmers in Germany, based on my two weeks' experience,
have no model badges.  The guys with the big engines don't want anyone to
know, the guys with the little engines don't want anyone to know.

Ms show up on all kinds of BMWs; in the land of $4.75/gallon gasoline, that
pretty 5er with the 17x9 wheels is much more likely to be a 523i or 525tds
than a 540i.   And those 525tds'es are likely to spend more of their lives
over 100mph than 99.9% of the 540is sold in the US.

John.