Re: ///M Badges...and whatever else this string was called

>From: Tim Stiles <tstiles@domain.elided>
>To: bmw-digest@domain.elided
>Subject: Re: ///M Badges...and whatever else this string was called
>Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 22:39:48 -0700
>
>People can choose to do whatever they want. I think the underlying point
>here is that people pay a premium for a factory M car and it's lame in
>several different ways to stick an M badge on a car that's not an M car.
>Like putting GT 5.0 badges on a 6 cyl Mustang, VTEC or Type R stickers on
>base model Hondas, etc...

The premium that real ///M cars demand is irrelevant.  If anything is
relevant it would be the upset that is felt by those true M-owners because
they DID pay the premium, yet some other guy has the same badging.  Well ya
know what... it's really very trivial.  In the end, be happy with what you
have.  Alot of enthusiasts add M badges to show enthusiasm - can't ya at
least respect them trying to show it?
One MAJOR contributor is a line of M models which carry the same basic body
lines as their regular brethren.  *cough* E36 M3 *cough*  (tongue firmly in
cheek)
It's not a big deal folks, why don't ya ask the person about it before
condeming them as being "posers".  You might just make a new friend.

Steve
'87 325iS undergoing engine conversion to get a tweaked 2.7liter 325i engine
(M20) -- badges staying the same, for now  ;)