trans cable fix

Anybody break the trans end of the throttle cable (called passing
gear cable by do it yourselfers)? I have access to a neat little kit
so you do not have to but a new cable- this comes with just the
bottom of the cable and it attatches to the rest of your cable via a
plastic compression fitting- and has a new o-ring already fitted to
it. i forgot to check price - will do that monday - but I use one of
these on just about every hydraulic zf I rebuild with great success.
The old cable is always just too  brittleand the little fingers break
off.
          Craig