Re: electrical woes/piston slap

The electrical woes on the 318 could be traced back to
the battery.  Even though the batt. is new, sounds
like you could have a bad cell in it.  It may read
12-14 v w/o a load on it, but check it when you are
trying to start the car.  It will drop to 7-8 v if
it's a bad cell.

As far as piton slap, that is perfectly mormal for the
2.7 eta engine.  It'll clatter like an old heifer in
the morning.  Just let it warm up and the clearances
close up.  I had a 91 Plymouth Voyager with the
Mitsubishi 3.0L V6 engine.  Wonderful engine, but it
clattered worse than my 86 325es when it was cold.

=====
Nathan Harris, MCSE
General Physics, Corp.
www.genphysics.com