95 318is 50K Service

Hello Everyone,

I have a late year 95 318is (used 96 318 oil filters) which never recieved
the Inspection II and I know I need to get it done, I am fairly
mechanically inclinded and Live in the Seattle area.  My choice are to
take it to a dealer ($675) or and independent shop Strictly BMW ($545) I
am trying to decide what my best option is or should I just get the
bentley manual and do everything I can myself?

Looking for some inpute, Anything is appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis