1984 533I Fuel Pump Follow-up

Changed out the transfer pump as outlined in the Bentley.  I can now hear a
distinctive "buzz" "hum" etc. as the transfer pump does its job.  I have to
say that looking at those exposed copper filaments on the new and old pump
makes one a little nervous.  The thought of having something electric
spinning in your gas tank is just a little unsettling.  Amazing engineering.
The main pump quieted after a full tank of gas and now that the transfer
pump is in place it is back to its "un-noticeable" whirl of a noise.  Of
note,  the noise that the transfer pump makes is a familiar sound.  When I
bought the car a little over a year ago the radio was bad and for a brief
time I had nothing but the music of the engine to enjoy.  I noticed a sound
of some sort coming from around the right rear seat, I remember saying to
myself it must be  the fuel pump.  Apparently that sound has been missing
for a while as now that it has returned, I realize that I missed it.
Thanks to all for your "sound",  no pun intended,  advice as I addressed my
"noisy main fuel pump" problem.  I purchased the transfer pump from Bav Auto
104.00, shipped over night for a total of 120.00  (Cost 140.00 locally).
Completed the switch in about forty-five minutes.  Took my time as working
around fuel lines and wiring is one of those jobs I really take my time in
completing.

	Robert Smith III