Brake dust is overwhelming on 95 740i with new wheels - help!

Hi guys/gals... I'm finding that brake dust is just out of control on my new
wheels (radial spoke 70's).  I guess the "open space" design of the wheels
lets the stock pads shower their lovely brake dust in a more generous manner
than I ever had on the stock "closed design", "dish" wheels.  After only 2
days of city driving, my wheels look like crap in the front only.  Is there
a type of "reduced dust" brake pad that would work on the front brakes only,
as the rear brakes barely produce much dust?  I've heard over the last year
that non stock pads (metal masters, repco, pagid...?!) produce squealing
more times than not, and my repair shop (Excluservice - Rockville MD) has
disuaded me time and again from going to non-stock pads.  They chime in that
they aren't as good ("the factory knows what's best for your car...blah blah
blah"), can produce squealing, and may heat up too much - if memory serves
me correctly.  I'm starting to feel like it would be worth a try if I could
reduce the amount of dust on these wheels!  I'm feeling desperate!  They are
hard to clean in the first place, and the bending over, time and extra labor
involved is a drag.  I've heard "kleen wheels", those plastic covers that go
over the wheels to keep the brake dust off aren't recommended either, though
I can't remember why (they can warp your something or another?!?) .  Any
suggestions?  I know this topic gets beat to death sometimes on the digest,
so please excuse me if this has already been addressed a million times
already.
Ready for a change,
Steve Robinson
1995 740i