'86 735 No start no spark??

I have been all thru the engine electrical, as I understand it, and I still have not found a reason for my 'no spark, no start' condition. I have 12v.at the coil primary and all the other connections appear to be intact. I checked the speed and reference sensor connections and they are OK. I did check internal resistance at these sensors and
compared them to my 535 and the readings are the same so I assume the sensors are OK.
The engine cranks fine, the cold start injector is spouting fuel, but I still have no spark out of the coil.
Does anybody have any idea where to go from here???
What should I research next??

As always, thanks in advance for all replies.
Regards,

Tom in PA with a dead 735!!

End of bmw-digest V9 #1433