RE: humming from front end-> wheel bearing

RE: Humming from front end 85 528e
[snip]
There is a loud humming sound coming from the front end.  The faster
I go, the louder it gets. The strange thing is if I turn the wheel to
the right it will also become louder, but if I turn to the left it
completely goes away.[snip]

Most definitely the front right wheel bearing has gone bad.  Replace
it as soon as possible, because as they go bad, they go bad VERY
QUICKLY and may completely seize if ignored.  Wheel bearing w/ABS
ring is about $70 complete.  It takes about 1-1.5 hrs to replace,
depending upon your skills.  You will need a puller for the bearing
and a large breaker bar for the center nut (36mm?, about 200lb-ft).

Good luck!!  Get a Bentley manual if you do not have one yet.

James Muskopf
james_535@domain.elided