[Musical Bimmers ?]Re: Humming 528e

   Guess I'll have to chime in with a "me too" though on my E30 it goes
   quieter turning to the right. It used to start around 40mph and now
   is down to 20mph. I'm sure that's NOT a good sign.... and the sound
   cannot be exactly described as "enjoyable"

   >From: "Fadeev, Alex" <Alex.Fadeev@domain.elided>
   >Lee,
   >Your LEFT-front wheel bearing is worn out.
   >Have it replaced, or if they are anything like fron E30 wheel bearings,
   >replace it yourself and save $200+

   If this is REALLY the sign of a worn wheel bearing....

   I would have thought it was the OTHER wheel ? I can rationalize it
   either way but an explanation would be great...

   And if one were willing to do it themselves, how hard is it without
   that $215 tool places like Bav. Auto sell for this purpose ?

   Thanks

   -Andy-

   Lee M wrote:

   >  Hi everyone,
   >
   >   Hopefully someone can help me diagnose a problem I am having with my
   >  85 528e 126k. There is a loud humming sound coming from the front end.
   >  The faster I go, the louder it gets. The strange thing is if I turn the
   >  wheel to the right it will also become louder, but if I turn to the
   >  left it completely goes away.
   >  >
   >  > Lee Mullican
   >  > 85 528e 126k

   Andy Stoffel         Holderness, NH    acs@domain.elided
   '91 318iS            161,000+ miles/ 839,000 to go.
Andy Stoffel          Consultant            voice: (603) 536-1882
acs@domain.elided        Campus America        fax:   (603) 536-9817