HELP - E34 M5 Trunk Won't Open

I can't get the trunk of my '91 E34 M5 to open.  All the locks work and t=
he
key in the trunk lock turns counterclockwise to unlock, but when I push i=
thte button, nothing happens.  I tried the manual override procedure in t=
he
passenger side door but the trunk still won't open.  I just came back fro=
the grocery store and would sure like to get that stuff out asap!  Any
recommendations/advise would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.
Mark Cheng