Re: Stoner Tire Shine

In a message dated 3/28/00 12:49:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided Stephen Robinson writes:

<< the plunge and bought (gulp) a case of this tire black product.  Stoner
 advertises in the roundel (I think) and others had said it had worked well
 for them.  For me, it's a pretty bad product on my Yokohama Avid tires.
 It's wonderfully easy to just spray on, but don't forget to wipe it down 5
 or ten minutes later so it doesn't spray all over the bottom of the car as
 you drive off.  I've been using it for about 5 months, and a day or 2 after
 I put it on, particularly if it rains, the tires look dinghy grey again. >>

I have some first hand experience with this product (my former neighbor is
one of their head engineering/marketing people.  He used to give me the
stuff...I had no problems like you have had at all...I highy recommend it
(although since my neighbor moved I haven't used it<g>).  It always seemed to
last alot longer than a few days and it did not leave my tires "grey"
looking.  Maybe it was the rubber compound in your tires.

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646
'88 M5
2002's