83 528e idles bad when hot

Hi.  I have gotten good advice from this group before so I thought I'd try
again.  I have a 83 BMW 528e which runs a little rough and idles badly when
hot.  I have gotten suggestions before but I misplaced them.  Here are the
things I have tried:

1.  Changed Dist cap and rotor

2.  Changed sparkplugs (twice),  First time put in bosch platinum, but it
didn't run too good with those and people form this list told me they weren't
good, so I went back to the 89 cent regular bosch plugs.  When I removed the
platinum plugs after about 1000 miles they looked ok, maybe a little black soot
around the edges, but not much.

3.  Added fuel injector cleaner.

Anyone with any ideas, please let me know.  Thanks.

MIke Ahern
mahern@domain.elided