Wheel nut torque

I just got new rotors 6 months ago; just had them replaced due to
warping.

The manual for my 92 325i says 81 lb/ft of torque.  When the dealer gave
me new rotors, I doublechecked what torque it's using, and they said
75-80 lbs.  Do you know if they changed the material in the rotors,
making the lower torque necessary?  Also, is anyone as obsessive as me
in making sure the guys who put on the tires use a torque wrench and not
just the airgun with a torque attachment (which I've heard is not
accurate)?

Doug

End of bmw-digest V9 #1411