Re: 1984 528e Sunroof Problems?

Wade wrote:

<<I have recently purchased a 1984 528e and I am trying to get everything
working smoothly.  The motor on the sunroof is fine, the only problem is
that only one side of the sunroof seems like it wants to slide back inside
the roof.  If anyone has any useful knowlege on these sunroofs or has any
way to get parts to fix this problem that would be greatly appreciated.
Wade de Koning>>

    Sounds like one of the two cables is broken.  You should be able to get
them from almost any Roundel advertiser or, of course, a dealer.
    If you're mechanically adept, ie shade-tree-level, you should be able to
replace them yourself.  Carefully "help" the motor slide the panel back a few
inches, pull down on the front edge of the panel headliner to unclip it, and
slide the headliner back another few inches.  Now help the panel into the
"vent" position, which will expose the brackets and bolts which hold the
panel.  From here, you should be able to tell if you want to do it yourself.
You may need assistance in lowering the roof panel into position, to avoid
scratches.  Note, replacing the cables requires some trial-and-error
(patience!) in re-synchronizing the panel (cables) to the motor.  Email me
directly if you want more info...

Good luck and Happy Bimmerin,
Gary T