<E30> Dual Battery Contemplated

Has anybody set up a dual-battery system in their BMW?   Are there any
issues/pitfalls/concerns/suggestions to share?

Without any aftermarket accessories, what is the normal range of current
drain when the car is off?

I'm new to BMWs and have just acquired a 1987 325iC.  With the battery in
the engine bay I am thinking about setting a 2nd battery in the trunk (right
rear - it looks like the placement on the coupes/sedans).  I recently have
been having problems with not being able to start her after sitting over
night.  I have an alarm system with shock, motion, and radar sensors that I
am sure don't help.

I spend a lot of time tinkering - alarm, audio, and the like and have also
noticed the posts about the drain from the service indicator boards.

Carl Bassett
87 325iC, 113k
BMWCCA, Peachtree