e28 Temp gauge creeps up

<<<<<Jason Benderly  wrote:>
Subject: e28 Temp gauge creeps up

Hi All,

I just replace the radiator, water pump, and thermostat
in my 87 535is 101K miles.  When cruising on the highway,
my temp gauge is in the 1/3 position which is normal.  When
sitting in traffic,  the guage creeps up to the 2/3 position. This
has never happened before.  Any ideas?>>>>>>>>>>.

What problem were you trying to solve by changing all of those things? Did
it never creep up to 2/3 before?? That may not be unusual on a really hot
day, but the aux fan should cut in around that point. I'd be looking at the
fan clutch, since you should have covered the other potential causes,
assuming they did it right.