Re: E28 temp guage creeps up

In a message dated 3/2/00 11:15:24 PM Mountain Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I just replace the radiator, water pump, and thermostat
 in my 87 535is 101K miles.  When cruising on the highway,
 my temp gauge is in the 1/3 position which is normal.  When
 sitting in traffic,  the guage creeps up to the 2/3 position. This
 has never happened before.  Any ideas? >>
Might be a bad resistor. It's a big ceramic thing next to the fan shroud. Or
it might be a bad sensor not letting your higher speed come on. For this I
bought a cooler sensor from BMP and switched it according to their
recommendation. Call them for details.
Fred Callender RMC