Re: 1995 M3 Temp Gauge

Bob, you just described a defective thermostat, one that's stuck in the open
position.

If the plastic impeller on the water pump cracked, it would pump no coolant,
and your temperature gauge would rise into the red zone VERY QUICKLY!

If you're still using the original water pump, you may want to replace it
now, since you'll have the coolant drained, and you'll be working in the
same vicinity.

- -rb