<E28> headliner woes

Mathew writes:

> My roof fabric has been colored brown in areas by the sun and I was
> wondering if there was some way I could steam clean or bleach it out to
> retain its original color?

Not likely. The discoloration is actually in the material. Nothing that I am
aware of, once you are at that point, will take it out. The discoloration is a
change in the original color - thats long gone now.

Call George at Leatherique. We came up with a dye that perfectly matched my
headliner and completely solved the problem. This headliner is fairly
delicate, so scrubbing it roughly could be disastrous. After cleaning the
areas discolored with alcohol, the dye went on and Presto! looked brand new.

You can find Leatherique by doing a websearch. Standard disclaimers apply.

Rick Viehdorfer
BMW CCA 148771
Rocky Mountain Chapter