E36 moon roof switch

Has anyone had any problems with the E36 moonroof swich? Specifically, a 93
325is. The switch controls tilt and open/close, but no auto-open.

Symptoms are, quite simply, sometimes is works and sometimes it doesn't.
When it's not working, it will after driving over a few bumps. Problem
doesn't appear to be the switch connection itself, as I can never get it to
kick on by gently pounding on the switch area on the ceiling. Ignition key
position doesn't seem to do it either (I've had that fault on a previous
car.) Seems more to be a short or faulty connection somewhere else in the
car.

Any ideas?

Thanks -
Gene