My 1984 BMW 318i

I've read this list four a couple of weeks now with great interest.  I
fell in love with BMWs when I was in sixth grade and the 1987 BMW 750iL
was released and my dad worked at the dealership as the general manager.
 To a sixth grader, rear vents, rear power seats, and all of that
electronic gadgetry is pretty impressive.  (I still find it impressive).

In 1995, I came across my 1984 BMW 318i.  I bought it with 235,000 miles
on it.  I've driven it for the last five years and now have over 300,000
miles on it.  It has since become too expensive for me to keep as I'm
saving up for a 2001 BMW M3.

The car is a 1984 BMW 318i that was manufactured in 3/1983.  It has air
conditioning, power door locks, and it is a 5-speed manual transmission
car.  It has a sunroof and it has a Pioneer CD player in it with 6 1/2
inch Kenwood speakers.  The stereo system sounds very nice.

This car has 16' TSW Hockenheim R wheels with Dunlap SP Sport W/10
225/45R16 tires on it.  I've only had the wheels/tires for about six
months, and I paid $1200 for the wheels/tires.  Since I've had the car
I've had the driveline rebuild, replaced the rubber driveline couplings,
replaced the rear end, the rear brake wheel cylinders, the rear right
drive axle, and the gear shift linkage.  The car has both fuel pumps replaced.

The car has a new master cylinder, nearly-new brakes, a rebuild
distributor, a new set of spark plugs, a new air filter, new distributor
cap and rotor, a new heater core, new levers for the heater controls, a
working SI board with new batteries, working power door locks (central
locking system), and a working power antenna.  The car also has a new
fuel filter, and a new coil.  It also has a new evaporator, a new
receiver-dryer, and the air conditioning works perfectly.

All of the small repairs such as rebuilding the distributor, the heater
core, the air flow control levers, and the tune ups I have done myself.
I've got Haynes manual, and I've grown quite fond of working on this car.

Recently the car has developed some problems that I can no longer afford
to fix.  It needs a new exhaust manifold, and it runs very poorly.  I
would guess that it needs either a new timing chain and/or an ICU since
all of the other ignition-system components have been replaced or
rebuild with no affect on performance.

I am trying to sell this car.  I am located in the Santa Barbara area.
It would make a great project car or a great parts car since there are
so many new parts on it.  The car is worth the asking price based on the
wheels/tires, and the cost of the new parts alone.  I'm asking $2000 for
it.  I will also include a service light reset tool that works to reset
the SI lights in the car.  Please contact me if you are interested.

I also have a wealth of E30-related knowledge that I have learned from
my car.  Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance,
and I will try to post to this list where possible to be of help to others.

Sincerely,

Erik.

- --
Tenon Technical Support				support@domain.elided
1123 Chapala Street Ste 202			(805) 963-6983
Santa Barbara, CA 93101				(805) 962-8202 fax
http://www.tenon.com				ftp://ftp.tenon.com