<E36> DOOR PANEL PROBLEMS

We have had a problem with our '93 325i door panels since about 40k miles.
The panels "pop" loose from the doors at the top of the door, where the
windows meet the panel. The clips were replaced twice under warranty, twice
since. The dealer claims "the heat makes them pop loose, and there is no
fix, other than replacing the doors". I contacted BMW NA, and as the car is
out of warranty, "there is nothing we can do, the problem is just normal
wear and tear".
Has anyone else had this problem? I love the car, but it's really sad that a
$30K plus car's door panels won't stay on, while my 13 year-old Acura, and 8
year-old Ford Explorer have no problems with doors staying where they
belong.
Note that the glove box door cover came unglued at 60k. I expect more from
the "ultimate driving machine".
The fact that you can see the door panels flex inward as the windows are
raised, doesn't impress BMW NA, they say this is normal. The flexing inward
of the door panels as the window is raised, is what causes the clips to
stress to the point of failure.
Anyone else had the misfortune to experience this?

Rick Cardinal
Peachtree Chapter CCA