<E28> Transmission removal

Hello, All.

There was a posting here a week or so ago about having a problem removing
the top bolt from an E28 transmission bell housing (manual; Getrag 260/6).
I'm having the same problem, and don't remember seeing any follow-ups. Would
the requester send me any information he might have gotten from digesters?
My tranny is knitted to the engine with torx bolts, so I'm hoping to find
some way to get a socket on the upper bolt.

 Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

 Scott Petersen
 '86 535i