Fwd: '87 325 Brake lining dash light

Rick:

It is not uncommon to have the brake sensor wires fail, by
way of parting the conductor inside the insulation.  You can
do a physical inspection by pulling on each of the wires
singly, especially as they go into the connector clipped to
the backing plate, looking for any stretch.  You can also
have somebody watch the dash with the ignition on while you
pull and probe the wires to the sensors.

(You will have the car safely on jack stands, of course).
Only one front and one rear wheel is wired; I forget the
right or left-ness of the arrangement.

Have fun!  Larry F.

>Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:37:09 -0600
>From: Rick Gutierrez <rickg@domain.elided>
>Subject: '87 325 Brake lining dash light
>
>This morning, the dash brake lining light was coming on intermittenly.
>
>This evening, I popped the tires off all 4 wheels, and the pads have plenty of
>meat.  I had a brake job performed last November.  My driving habits are
>highway, about 70 miles a day.  Not much stop and go.
>
>Anyone else experience the same problems??

- --

Pearson-Franks Family
Issaquah, Washington