Re: E46 Clutch

Hmm... I have a '99 323i/4 and w/10k and I'm experiencing some weird clutch
issues as well.. I posted to the UUC list about a higher-than-normal pedal
I've been having, and someone said that my clutch couldn't have been wearing,
because the pedal height is determined by the slave cylinder or something.

I don't fully accept this explanation.  Perhaps someone can clarify.  I know
our cars have self-adjusting clutch pedals.. but it's too dramatic and very
noticeable..  My clutch occasionally literally changes it's pick up point,
(like maybe once a month) and occasioanlly I'll have rev higher than I should
because it does this.  Weird.

I too do not beat on my car at all.  I heel-and-toe occasionally.. but never
abusively..

I'll tell you this though - I WILL NOT stand for having to replace a clutch
in a car that's less than a year old.. I will make the biggest stink if my
clutch blows..

Let me know how you make out..

- -Ted
'99 323i/4